If you’re looking to spend quality time together as a family, learning things together, enjoying being close to nature, you’ve come to the right place. We have Buzzard, Dunnock, Egret and Heron lodges for you to enjoy.
We provide the perfect backdrop to your family holiday or short break. There is plenty of holiday activities to suit all ages, from cycling, pony trekking and canoeing to challenging walks.
The Tranquil Otter provides the perfect holiday accommodation in North Cumbria, next to a beautiful lake, nestled in the Solway countryside and a small step away from Hadrian’s Wall path. All our family lodges have en-suite shower room and a family bathroom with open shower. Each lodge has a large gated deck and we can provide cots and high chairs for the younger ones.
Each lodge comes with a boat for your young intrepid explorer, with or without Mum and Dad. We can provide life jackets in a range of sizes.
Private path around the lake enable you to explore the woods, identify trees ending with spot of bird watching in the “bird hide”. Our woodland walk and board walk is also great for novice cyclist.
There is plenty of holiday activities nearby to suit all ages.
- Pony trekking at Boustead Hill (CA5 6AA) why not book in for a pony care day during your stay.
- Walby Farm park is a must for children of all ages, including the child in you. They have regular events, ask them what's on for our dates? You don’t need to wait for a rainy day.
- Tullie House is more than a museum and Art Gallery. Learn about Romans as well as contemporary barriers, wildlife on the Solway and much more.
- Carlisle is a day out in itself, with Castle, Cathedral as well as Lanes shopping centre and variety of restaurants, all within walking distance.
- and of course there is the hot tub for your return from daily adventures.
Our lodges come with high speed internet, so you can check up on the latest "what's on" as well as relax with your favourite gadget.
Start planning your perfect self catering holiday now!
Our five star lodges are equipped with digital TVs and DVD players; if you need to keep up with the story line in your favourite drama.