Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tranquil\htdocs\plugins\content\jwsigpro.php on line 162
Family Fun Holiday
The Tranquil Otter is a protected nature reserve, with private woodlands to explore and enjoy with your toddler and grandma alike. Plan your perfect break next to a beautiful lake, nestled in the Solway countryside and a small step away from Hadrian’s Wall path. All our family lodges have en-suite shower room and a family bathroom with open shower. Each lodge has a large gated deck and we can provide cots, high chairs and life jackets for the younger ones.
Fabulous views of wildlife from the deck or boat
Young children and adults find watching, the ducks, swans and birds mesmerising. Explore the lake in your own boat, life jackets are available for children from 18 months to adults.
Two/Three bedroom lodges at the Otter
We have Buzzard, Dunnock, and Egret that are two bedroom lodges and Heron which is three bedroom. Each lodge has a spacious gated deck and hot tub. Whether it's a weekend break, a long weekend or a fortnight, our lodges are the perfect holiday home in the lake district county.
Things to do
There is plenty of holiday activities to suit all ages, from cycling, pony trekking and canoeing to challenging walks.
Each lodge comes with a boat for your young intrepid explorer, with or without Mum and Dad. We can provide life jackets in a range of sizes.
Private path around the lake enable you to explore the woods, identify trees ending with spot of bird watching in the “bird hide”. Our woodland walk and board walk is also great for novice cyclist.
There is plenty of holiday activities nearby to suit all ages.
- Walby Farm park is a must for children of all ages, including the child in you. An all day all year round experience with regular events, ask them what's on for our dates?
- Tullie House is more than a museum and Art Gallery. Learn about Romans as well as contemporary barriers, wildlife on the Solway and much more.
- Carlisle is a day out in itself, with Castle, Cathedral as well as Lanes shopping centre and variety of restaurants, all within walking distance.
- Pony trekking at Boustead Hill (CA5 6AA) why not book in for a pony care day during your stay.
- and of course there is the hot tub for your return from daily adventures.
Our lodges come with high speed internet, so you can check up on the latest "what's on" as well as relax with your favourite gadget.
Start planning your perfect self catering holiday now!
Our five star lodges are equipped with digital TVs and DVD players; if you need to keep up with the story line in your favourite drama.