The UK government issued a new Covid 19 Christmas ruling. The Christmas ruling has created a new tier for London and the South East, which effectively requires people to stay at home until the New Year.
Christmas ruling Covid 19 – The Tranquil Otter is in Tier 2
In terms of the Coronavirus Christmas rules, the Tranquil Otter is in tier 2, and we are operating in a COVID safe environment. From Boxing Day we will remain in Tier 2.
Do you have a Booking with us for New Year?
If you have a booking with us and you are currently in London, please contact us as soon as possible. Please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as we are able. If your area is moving into tier 3, please read the guidance for your area on the Government Website. We are not able to provide advice.
What are the options regarding your booking?
In terms of the options available for your booking, we can apply the full value to a future date. We’ll also move your booking to an alternative date once you have a chance to confirm annual leave. Read our frequently asked questions page for more information.
The Christmas bubble reduced to Christmas Day
The relaxation to form has changed. The Christmas Bubble is just for Christmas Day. This ruling applies to households in Tiers 1, 2 or 3 (Tier 4 residents cannot form Christmas bubbles).
The rules for Christmas Day are:
- You may see a maximum of two other households (your ‘Christmas bubble’) on Christmas Day (25 December).
- You cannot see anyone from a Tier 4 area.
- You can stay in private rented accommodation (in line with the social gathering rules in your tier) between 24 and 26 December. As long as you are by yourself, or with other members of your household and it is necessary for seeing your Christmas bubble on Christmas Day.
- If necessary, you can stay in private rented accommodation with members of your household or your Christmas bubble.
- People in Tiers 1 and 2 are advised not to travel for holidays even within other Tier 1 and 2 areas. So while it is not illegal to do so, it is now the moral equivalent of people travelling from Tier 3 areas for a holiday previously.
It is important to note that is still permitted to check-in and out of accommodation a day either side of the Christmas bubble period (i.e. check in on the 24th and check out on the 26th) for Christmas Day.
Unsure about the Covid 19 – Christmas ruling and how it applies to you? Use the postcode checker on the BBC website