We’re located between the ancient Roman city of Carlisle and the Solway Coast that forms part of the border between England and Scotland. It has been a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty since 1964.
To arrive by car
We are located on the B5307 between Carlisle and Kirkbride.
1. From the South or North, exit the M6 at Junction 44 and take A689 towards Workington. At the Moorhouse Roundabout take B5307 towards Kirkbride.
2. Follow for this road for about three miles; you will pass through Moorhouse Village.
3. About ½ mile after Moorhouse you will see a large barn on your right next to a sign for Bramblebeck Cottage, a little further you’ll see a sign for Bramblebeck Park on the left and the road curves to the right.
4. The “Thurstonfield” village sign is in this bend – indicate left after you pass the village sign.
5. We are the first drive you come to on the left, discreetly signed “The Tranquil Otter”, with white stones up the side. This is about 50 metres before the 30 mph speed limit sign going into Thurstonfield village
6. Go straight up the lane; please note that there are two speed bumps before you get to the notice board.
7. Please ignore the right hand fork and park by the Notice Board on your right. Press the white bell to let us know that you have arrived. If you drive past the lodges, you have gone too far.