The following simple rules are designed for your safety and well-being
- Before you use the hot-tub please take a shower, ensuring you remove any body lotions and oils, as these damage the filters and may result in the hot-tub being closed during the remainder of your stay.
- Please DO NOT add detergents or foaming agents such as bubble bath, shower gel, essential oils to the water as this may damage the filters and render the hot-tub unusable.
- The water in the hot-tub is changed regularly and kept clean by filters and chemicals.
- Bromine is dispensed into the hot-tub from the dispenser floating in the tub.
Caution: Please do not touch or remove the tablets from the floating dispenser – the dispenser must remain in the hot-tub.
- The temperature on your hot-tub is set at 38°C, that is, 100.4°F – this is the recommended temperature for hot-tubs.
- Press the light button if you wish to use the illumination settings, the jet button to select the different jets from the diverters around the tub.To finish the cycle press the jet button again and the jets will stop.
- It is recommended that you limit continuous use of the hot-tub to the recommended 30 minute. Once you have used the tub, replace the hot-tub cover and clip the holding straps.The filtration system will do its work and the tub will ready to use once filtration is complete.
- You should not submerge your head in the hot-tub.
- Please remove jeweller y as the chemicals will react with cer tain metals.
- Please tie back long hair to prevent the risk of entanglement.
- For your own safety and well-being do not use the hot-tub if you have had a large meal within the last hour or after consumption of alcohol.
- Do not use the hot-tub if you have had diarrhoea or repeated vomiting in the last 14 days.
- No eating is permitted the tub.
- The Health & Safety Executive guidance is no drinking in the hot-tub, largely due to risk of swallowing the water. We advise that if you are going to have a drink, please use plastic tumblers and take care not to swallow the hot-tub water.
- Pregnant women are advised to consult their GP before using a hot-tub.
- Guests with heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes or other medical disorders should check with
their doctor before using a hot-tub.
- Babies are NOT permitted in the hot-tub under any circumstances. The water is too hot for their little bodies.
- Children aged four and under are NOT permitted in the tub. Children aged five or over may use the hot-tub with adult supervision. Please ensure that their heads are kept above water at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY SUPPLY TO THE HOT-TUB.
- Please keep noise to a minimum outside your lodge and not use the hot-tub between 11pm and 8am.
For your information – the water quality in your hot-tub will be tested every day between 10am & midday. Please vacate the hot-tub and deck to enable our team to test the water.
For your safety the following are prohibited in or around your hot-tub:
- Use of electrical equipment
- Glass containers
- Jumping or diving
The Tranquil Otter will not accept responsibility if you fail to follow these safety instructions.
Please enter your details below to confirm you have read and understood these instructions.