Five simple things to enjoy a romantic winter breakWe’ve listed the deliciously simple things in life to enjoy on a winter’s break. Of course, if you enjoy the luxury of being pampered or a fabulously expensive meal with candles with attentive waiters, these are available too — restaurants, spas and more are in Carlisle and the Lake District.
- Woodland walk around the Lough.
- Share an early morning walk when the morning dew hangs in the air, and listen to the bird song. Watch out for the spiders’ webs with the dewdrops caught on the silk-like thread.
- An early morning walk in the frost is just as magical, I don’t know about you, but the brain freeze when you first breath in the cold air has a stunning effect on the mind.
- Watch the stars at night. There are no street lights at the Tranquil Otter. With the deck light off, you can experience the dark skies from the comfort of your lodge. On a clear night, you may even see venus amongst the stars.
- Spend time with the wildlife, take a boat out on the Lough, anchor down and enjoy being on the water surrounded by swans and wildfowl.
- Hygge up in the lodge with the log burner, blanket and hot chocolate from John Watts and sons. Enjoy the mesmerising effects of a log burner flames flickering gently or binge-watch that TV series you wanted to catch up on?
- Chat in the hot-tub and enjoy therapeutic properties of hot water while enjoying each others company.