February is for Romance
February is, perhaps, the most romantic month with Valentine’s Day at its heart.
Leap Year 2020, Leap Day, double the romance
But this year, as with all Leap Years, it has the potential to be doubly so.
Why? Because Leap Day, the 29th of the February, is the day when traditionally, women can propose to their beau, or belle. You can pop the question anytime, of course, but romance loves ritual, and most men probably don’t know about the significance of the 29th of February. So it could come as a surprise to them for two reasons.
Romantic Lake District
The Lake District is the perfect place to celebrate your love for each other on the 14th of the month and/or go down on one knee two weeks later. Men, there’s no rule that says you can’t ask then as well.
Be Inspired by Leap Year
Imagine having the glorious backdrop of a beautiful lake or fell for one of the most significant moments of your lives. If you are thinking of planning a romantic surprise here are five tried and tested ideas, some require more unusual and require months of planning, others just need the ring and drop of a knee.
- One beau arranged for a four-piece orchestra to travel from London to play her favourite tune. She just happened to be walking through the woods at the same time the quartet started playing. Suddenly he was on one knee, holding out the ring.
- Hot air balloon in the Lake District was the preferred choice of one young man.
- We had enquiries about the boat and would it be okay to get down on one knee? Of course, was our reply, only make sure the ring is on a string.
- In the Lodge, in front of the log burner on Leap Day, at least one belle has gone down on her knee on Leap Day, and many others I’m happy to say.
- The woodlands around the Lough are another favoured place.
Romantic Lodge near Lake District
If you are thinking of Valentines weekend for that surprise proposal, better get your skates on, we have limited availability for a Romantic Lodge near Lake District.
For more inspiration read our blog on https://www.thetranquilotter.co.uk/things-to-do/romantic-leap/