Self Catering Lodges
Your self-catering lodge at the Tranquil Otter is fully furnished, a home from home, your own retreat. Each Lodge has facilities to prepare and cook your own meals, giving you the freedom to set your own schedule and enjoy your holiday in a way that suits you.
Tranquil Otter lodges are inspected by Visit England each year and have consitently been awarded 5 stars.
Self-catering does not include ‘room service’, daily maid service, concierge or staffed reception.
Once your balance is paid, we send you a “booking confirmation” e-mail. Please do take a few moments to read this. This e-mail sets out the people on your booking, arrival day, departure day etc.
We also send you an e-mail a week before your arrival. This email contains numbers to contact us in case there are disruptions to your travel plans etc. The e-mail also gives you details of how to let us know when you reach the Tranquil Otter. We are a rural location and mobile reception can be patchy.
What’s included in my lodge?
Your lodge will be ready to use. Beds made up, a bath sheet, hand towel and towelling bathrobe for each guest for the duration of your stay.
We provide natural organic toiletries from Pure Lakes, www.purelakes.co.uk. You may have seen their products in Vogue.
The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge/freezer, oven, hob, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, pots, pans etc.
Hair dryer is supplied in each bedroom. There is an iron and ironing board and clothes airer in each lodge.
Arrival at the Tranquil Otter
Please plan to arrive between 4pm to 6pm. If you are delayed unexpectedly and are likely to arrive after 6pm please ring us as soon as you know so that we have time to make arrangements for someone to be on site to welcome you.
Property Address: The Tranquil Otter, The Lough, Thurstonfield, Carlisle, CA5 6HB – It’s worth checking the last section of the directions.
Tel. 01228 576661
Planning to do some supermarket shopping before your arrival, here are the details of some of the local supermarkets with postcode and contact details.
- Sainsbury’s: Just past the McVities factory roundabout in Carlisle. Caldewgate, CA2 5TF 01228 621710 Open 7am-11pm Mon-Sat, Sunday 10.30-4.30pm.
- Morrisons: Follow signs for M6 North, at the fourth round about turn right onto Kingmoor Road, and then left onto Hartley Avenue. At the lights go straight. Kingstown Road, Carlisle CA3 0QZ. 01228 511 771, open from 8am to 10pm every day except Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Asda Superstore: Close to junction 44 on Follow signs for M6 north, Chandler Way, Carlisle, CA3 0JQ. 01228 526550, open 24hrs from Monday 8am to Saturday 10pm and on Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
- Tesco: Junction 43 on M6. Tesco, Warwick Road, Carlisle, CA1 2SB. 0845 677 9125, open from Monday 6am to Saturday midnight. Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
Why not pre-order from your favourite supermarket. Select Carlisle branch and use the address for the Tranquil Otter. Please ensure that your lodge name is included in the delivery notes for the driver and that you’ll be at the lodge to receive the delivery.
We offer a range of extras that we order from local suppliers.
- R&J Mulholland’s Butchers- Great Orton – supply our welcome packs on the day of your arrival. The shop is closed on Sunday and Bank Holidays. If you are arriving on a Bank Holiday, your welcome packs will be delivered on the next day.
- Vandella’s are closed on Bank Holiday too.
- Foundry Wines deliver to Carlisle; we need to have a week’s notice to ensure that we can have the Champagne of Prosecco chilling in your lodge for your arrival.
Do call us if you have specific requirements that you’d like to discuss.
More information is available here.
Manage Your Booking
If you have a stay at The Tranquil Otter booked, you can access your booking in our special secure booking area and add extras, etc.
If you’ve already setup your account, just click the Login button.
If you need to set up your account just click on set up and enter your details (you’ll need your booking number).